Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Post

Hello Everyone,
So since I have moved out of Lawrence and am almost truly on my own I decided to do a blog. I have many new adventures that I am extremely excited and overwhelmed/scared about. I figured this would also be the easiest to share what I'm doing with my friends when sometimes there are just not enough minutes in a day to call everyone. This is especially going to be the case in the next few weeks.

I was offered my first time job and it could be the best or the worst experience in my life. I applied to 10-15+ jobs and never heard back. I applied to yet another one and actually got a call about it. I was pretty excited about applying for it because they were looking for a lot of people for many positions around KC. I went in for an interview on Wed morning. The interview was with Canterbury Prep School.

When I got to the interview I waited a bit so it really gave me a chance to get a feel for the place and see a few of the staff members. I really liked the first impression I got. I met with the HR director for all 5 of their locations. I was slightly bummed because I knew I would have to do a 2nd interview with the school she chose to place me. The interview went really well but they didn't ask many questions about what I would do in a situation or want to know my background and such. At the end of the interview the lady asked me if I wanted to stick around for my 2nd interview..... SCORE!!! So I met with the supervisor of the infant toddler room since the preschool and grade school supervisors were in meetings. She was my age and really cool. We had our interview and I got a tour. She told me the HR director had a few days of interviews left and would call me by next week.

So I went on with my day and had lunch with kailey (where we got Happy meals and played with the toys in McDonalds for everyone to stare and think we are weird! LOVED IT!) then went to Nebraska Furniture Mart. Got an awesome coffee table/end table set and really cool dresser. When we are going up the escalator my phone rings. I almost didn't take it out cause I figured it was band stuff or something that I could call back after. But it wasn't it was the HR director of Canterbury.

They offered me a position. Full time..... Lead Preschool teacher. I have a co-teacher right now but after the evaluate enrollment and such I could possibly have my own room!!!!!! Who would have thought right out of high school I would get a lead teacher job.

However here comes the overwhelming part. I am thinking about dropping a class. Right now I am doing full time grad school. I would be going Monday, Wed, and Thursday from 5:30-8:30 plus my online JCCC class. The lady at the school of ed was kinda shocked that I was full time..... and that was without the job. My job is M-F 7:30am-4:30am. I think I can do it but do I want to? I think not the first semester. So I'm going to go to all 3 of my classes and evaluate if I should drop one. I am overwhelmed thinking about it.

I also won't know much about the preschool and schedule and such until orientation tomorrow at 1. So I will re-evaluate then.

Well time for bed. BTW I really really miss the Anderson family!! I wish that could be my year round job!!!

More after Orientation and a night at the piano bar with my rents and their friends. Gotta have one more fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment